1. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    The non-factor remark was in context of what's applicable to a majority. With item loss, feels over-shadow the greater good. Yes there are multiple opinions, of which your side I see as being based on feels.

The in-out numbers we're currently seeing I'd argue is because of the economy that no one is willing to budge on.

I'd say the one reason we are where we are today is Dalton's inability to have both money and interest. (little known fact, that "accidental" reset was unwanted economy control & the server grew after)

This may sound cold but your disability is another reason your personal experience doesn't apply to a majority. I assume this to be deep rooted and me saying this hollow, but you shouldn't feel like you do. You login to play for your entertainment, if people get angry because you're not tick efficient then that's kinda of tough shit. I understand you'd prefer to not have reasons for people to not include you but if this is their reasoning, they're probably ass-holes. People take me bossing and I suck hehe.

This whole argument seems redundant now anyways, I think the solutions mentioned by people here are better than mine.

2. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    The non-factor remark was in context of what's applicable to a majority. With item loss, feels over-shadow the greater good. Yes there are multiple opinions, of which your side I see as being based on feels.

The in-out numbers we're currently seeing I'd argue is because of the economy that no one is willing to budge on.

I'd say the one reason we are where we are today is Dalton's inability to have both money and interest. (little known fact, that "accidental" reset was unwanted economy control & the server grew after)

This may sound cold but your disability is another reason your personal experience doesn't apply to a majority. I assume this to be deep rooted and me saying this hollow, but you shouldn't feel like you do. You login to play for your entertainment, if people get angry because you're not tick efficient then that's kinda of tough shit. I understand you'd prefer to not have reasons for people to not include you but if this is their reasoning, they're probably ass-holes. People take me bossing and I suck hehe.

This whole argument seems redundant now anyways, I think the solutions mentioned by people here are better than mine.
    You should quote who your talking to.
    Remove this post if you've done so.

3. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oi Lollipop View Post
    You should quote who your talking to.
    Remove this post if you've done so.
    If anyone can't link the conversation then they can feel free to assume I'm talking to them and be confused about the whole situation.

4. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    If anyone can't link the conversation then they can feel free to assume I'm talking to them and be confused about the whole situation.
    lol
    delete my post and this 1
    ty

5. Offline
    Dec 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oi Lollipop View Post
    My suggestion is to either remove raid items and give the correct amount of boss slayer points for them OR just keep the raid items in-game.

IF you are going to remove them and give the correct amount of boss slayer points, i suggest adding some good items to the shop. Without raid items the shop is pretty much useless.
    Suggestions to add to boss slayer shop:

3rd age box - contains every 3rd age peice from 3rd age armour peices to weapons. Same rates for each 3rd age piece.(we can decide the price)

Partyhat box - contains every partyhat in-game. Black phat at 50% chance, Rainbow phat at 25% chance. Regular partyhats 4.16% chance (which would mean the set would be 25% total chance)

H'ween mask box - Contains every h'ween. Black h'ween at 70% chance, red blue and green at 10% each.

Santa hat box - Contains every santa hat ingame. Black santa at 80% chance, regular santa at 10%, inverted santa at 10%

Maybe add some random cosmetic peices e.g. Flippers, sythe, sled.
    Something along the lines of this may work but only if people aren't forced to lose their items. The only way this will work is if people are given the option to get rid of their current raid items. They shouldn't be forced to lose what they currently have. It's the only valid option in which palidino has. If some people have the option to swap their raid items for something of value to them then people will do so of their free will. They should also have the option to keep what they currently own.

In my opinion it's the best option, Yes there will still be a majority of raid item's in the game but people will also choose to exchange them of their free will meaning less raid item's in game. The people which should choose to keep their item's are happy because it doesn't affect them & there shall be less of these item's in game due to people exchanging.

AGAIN - People need to be given a choice. If the item's in which they will be exchanging their raid item's for aren't reasonable then people won't do it.

Whatever people are offering as solutions need to look at things on both sides of the argument. Whichever Palidino decided to do needs to effect both sides as little as possible and I feel this is the best way to do it.

People will disagree and that's fine they're welcome to their opinion but at least show some alternatives in which both sides will be happy.

Regardless to whether or not Raid item's shouldn't of been added before raids release currently doesn't matter because it's happened. People have the items, spent time or money getting them. They shouldn't be forced to lose them and if you think this is them being stubborn or whatever you're wrong.
    Last edited by Zhang Xiu; 01-18-2018 at 05:37 PM.

6. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    What I've lately noticed is that many old players have left the Battlescape, but those have been replaced with new players. There's lots of players requesting help in the clan chat and this wasn't a thing few weeks ago. People will always be upset if something is taken from them, but I think that's what is needed to be done for future of this server.
    There's been good suggestions in this thread about how to get rid of the raids that affect the economy after the raids minigame is fully released.

Option 1
    Xfer raid items back to points and re-do the shop for that points shop. The shop could contain some rares and skilling supplies as example.

Option 2
    Add unique item id for the current raid items and make them untradeable. This way they cannot be taken to the wilderness, so only can be used for PvM.
    The new raid items that are acquired from the minigame could be traded and used anywhere.

7. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    What I've lately noticed is that many old players have left the Battlescape, but those have been replaced with new players. There's lots of players requesting help in the clan chat and this wasn't a thing few weeks ago. People will always be upset if something is taken from them, but I think that's what is needed to be done for future of this server.
    There's been good suggestions in this thread about how to get rid of the raids that affect the economy after the raids minigame is fully released.

Option 1
    Xfer raid items back to points and re-do the shop for that points shop. The shop could contain some rares and skilling supplies as example.

Option 2
    Add unique item id for the current raid items and make them untradeable. This way they cannot be taken to the wilderness, so only can be used for PvM.
    The new raid items that are acquired from the minigame could be traded and used anywhere.
    Reasons many old players left Battlescape is the increase of new players who are skillers/PvMer's - Pking diminished from what I can see lol BS was known mainly due to the Pking community and old RS players who wanted to relive 07 back when BS was open in 2008-2010. Obviously times change so nothing can be done but it is what it is.

8. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie V1 View Post
    Reasons many old players left Battlescape is the increase of new players who are skillers/PvMer's - Pking diminished from what I can see lol BS was known mainly due to the Pking community and old RS players who wanted to relive 07 back when BS was open in 2008-2010. Obviously times change so nothing can be done but it is what it is.
    You're very wrong by saying that nothing can be done. The problem is that BS is currently created to serve the pvmers.

9. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Well if something can be done, in regards to serving Pkers. What would that be? Yes I can see it serves PvMers, is that working well for BS at all? I don't play it now you see.

10. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #

***Its all feels. Its all projections. Its also talking to numerous players on a regular basis both ingame and thru discord, skype, phone etc. The greater good you tout isnt proven black and white absolute it again is just what you feel will happen, there is no crystal ball. You said boring, an emotional response, to how you feel about more bossing for instance. Saying that my arguments are simply emotionally/feeling based is only partially correct.***

*** It was simply a for instance . Everyone has their story, their issues, and those issues will effect their game playing and be part of the reason they will either continue to play or not. I dont mind putting my reasonings out there for judgement, and yes I am just one person, in a vast majority, who doesnt have to play, vote, spend money or whatever but chooses to because I enjoy it. I do the game options that dont hurt me as much physically and skip the game options that are more painful or impossible for me to do . Even if they dont say a word it easily discerned to even myself how inept I am, especially watching those flawless players. I work hard and longer to get what I have and as far as assholes, meh, not really, just efficient and ocd maybe a better term for alot of players. Most are beyond kind despite my ineptness. I surely can go back to other games that are easier but I love the players here first and foremost and thats not something I want to do but may very well have to for the betterment if what you say is true.****

Yeah I am kinda done too.

For those reading this and those who have contacted me privately that think I am upset, mad, or anything other than professional be aware that Frank and I, in my eyes, are golden. This was a civilized discussion Everything is fine between us and AS FAR AS I KNOW other staff as well. Be glad this public tete a tete didnt occur between other more colorfully speaking staff and myself :P. As always be kind slay well beautiful battlescape people

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast