1. Ping issues playing from middle east, bahrain  - 4 Weeks Ago #1

Aug 2024
    #
    So im playing on 180-200 ping consistently, heard the servers are in canada and I cant seem to get it lower with vpns and exit lag wont work on this private server. Anything I could do to lower ping? my pc is a 3070ti and my speed is 500mbps and usually I don't have ping issues on other games.

Would appreciate the help
    Attached Images

2. Offline
    Jun 2022
    #
    High ping can be frustrating! Given your powerful PC and fast internet speed, let's explore options to reduce your ping:

1. *Optimize VPN settings*: Try different VPN protocols (e.g., WireGuard, OpenVPN) and servers to find the best combination.
    2. *Choose a VPN server closer to the game server*: Since the game servers are in Canada, try connecting to a VPN server in the US or Canada to reduce distance-related latency.
    3. *Check for network congestion*: Ensure no other devices are consuming bandwidth on your network.
    4. *Use Quality of Service (QoS) settings*: Configure QoS on your router to prioritize gaming traffic.
    5. *Disable unnecessary programs*: Close any resource-intensive programs or background applications.
    6. *Update network drivers*: Ensure your network drivers are up-to-date.
    7. *Consider a dedicated gaming VPN*: Some VPNs, like WTFast or Battleping, specialize in reducing gaming latency.
    8. *Reach out to the private server administrators*: They might be able to provide guidance or optimize server settings to reduce ping.
    9. *Experiment with different network settings*: Try adjusting your MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) or enabling/disabling Nagle's algorithm.
    10. *Consider a ping-reducing tool*: Tools like ExitLag or PingEnhancer might help, but be cautious of potential compatibility issues.

Remember, since you're playing on a private server, some of these suggestions might not be applicable or effective. If you've tried everything and still experience high ping, it might be a limitation of the private server itself.

Reply to Thread